Monday, December 17, 2007

60 Days to Spring Training!!!!









The above pics were taken by me at Spring Training 2007. My favorite is the one with Johnny Pesky. He is the BEST!



Red Sox Spring Training is just 60 days away! I know for some of you that might seem a bit lame for me to be looking forward to that instead of Christmas. YES - I love Christmas and all the family and happy gatherings. BUT - it is Spring Training that I look forward to every season. Since 1995 - I have been going to FLA to enjoy the warm weather - the early bird specials and half price drinks. Most importantly - I get a chance to scout all the new talent on the teams who assemble to play Grape Fruit League Baseball.


I have had an opportunity over the years to visit the Training Locations for: The Atlanta Braves @ Disney Wide World of Sports; Houston Astros @ Kissimmee/Osceola County Stadium; Cleveland Indians @ Winter Haven; Detroit Tigers @ Lakeland; Kansas City Royals when they played at Baseball City outside of Disney; Washington Nationals @ Space Coast Field; Tampa Bay Rays at The Dome in St. Pete; Philadelphia Phillies @ Clearwater; Cincinnati Reds @ Sarasota; Minnasota Twins @ Ft Myers and the Boston Red Sox at City of Palms Park in Ft Myers.


This is a labor of baseball love. I viewed the World Baseball Classic in the Spring of 2006 at the Disney Wide World of Sports. That was a tremendous opportunity. Contrary to the detractors, the baseball Classic was fun and competitive. The multi-cultural interaction was great!


Sox Tickets for 2008 went on sale this Saturday. I was able obtain tickets for 8 games of the 11 they will play in Ft Myers. All were standing room in the new pavilion they constructed in right field.


We will also see some college games in Ft Myers. Many local colleges and universities participate in a tournament just outside the Red Sox Training Center. It is nice. Even those who like ladies softball can take in some contests while in the area.


For those of you who have the vacation time and the interest - I say Come on Down! Spring training is the best!!!!

No comments: