Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Bryan Duffy Runs for Parks




Yawkey League
BRYAN DUFFY
Harbor Point -- Player Manger
Runs Boston Marathon
Donates proceeds for Fund for Parks in City




In 6 days, on April 20th, I will be running the Boston Marathon! I wanted to say thank you to everyone who has supported my fund raising and training efforts. So far I have raised over $600, which is a good start to provide one young man or woman a chance to have an internship this summer at a company that will provide a great start for a promising career. It's my very own mini "Duffy" job stimulus plan! If you don't already know, this is my 3rd marathon in 2 years, and my second attempt to raise money for this outstanding charity.


I am running in support of The Fund for Parks and Recreation, which is a charity that focuses on providing teens with summer internships. Remember your first summer job? Studies indicate teen employment plays a critical role in keeping youth off the street, developing life skills and self-confidence, and preparing them for future success. With your help, we can open up a world of new opportunities for even more local youths by supporting The Fund for Parks and Recreation.
If you want to read more about the foundation, here is the link: http://www.jhmarathonfundraising.com/ .

If you have not donated yet and would like to, there are two ways you can donate:

1) Visit my Boston Marathon fund raising website:
http://www.firstgiving.com/bryanduffy2Donating through this website using a credit card is simple, fast and totally secure.

2) If you prefer to send a check, checks should be made payable to The Fund for Parks and Recreation and mailed to:

Bryan Duffy, 714 E. 4th St. Apt. 1, South Boston, MA 02127.Also, please let me know if you have used a company match, as I can add the match to my fund raising totals.

Many thanks to all of you for your help, and if you're not going to make it to the course on Patriots Day next Monday, you can track me at the B.A.A. website, and my bib number is 24128:


Bryan*** About donating online *** It's very easy to support Bryan online - visit: http://www.firstgiving.com/bryanduffy2 to make a donation. It takes a matter of minutes, is totally secure and you can even leave a message with your donation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking the time to debate this, I really feel strongly about it and love learning extra on this topic. If doable, as you acquire expertise, would you mind updating your blog with further data? It is extremely helpful for me. как появилась фамилия задоянный| hard rock футболка| фото на майка| while I sipped, we talked. He is very proud of his son, it seems
http://s1.shard.jp/campon/e-bower-sussex-maryland.html Click Here