Friday, September 28, 2007

Goodwin Drops out of Sox Nation Prez Run in Favor of ROB CRAWFORD!


SAM HORN AND ROB CRAWFORD YUCK IT UP AT THE RED SOX NATION PREZ DEBATE.

The "People's Candidate" for President of Red Sox Nation - Rob Crawford got a huge shot in the arm. Rob was endorsed by historian and writer, Doris Goodwin (I refuse to use the hyphenated version). Goodwin made her concession at the Presidential Debate that will be aired on NESN after tonight's Red Sox game.

From Red Sox.com

The event was taped Thursday. Not five minutes had passed before the absent Goodwin dropped a bombshell with a video recording. In it, she recalled hearing a "moving speech" from one of her rivals at the Baseball Tavern last week.


"So persuaded was I by his appeal," Goodwin said, "that I hereby announce that I am withdrawing my candidacy for president, and ask anyone who might've supported me to support 'Regular' Rob Crawford."


"I am floored," said Crawford, who won over Goodwin with an appeal to increase ticket accessibility for kids. "I need some time to think about my reaction. I'm just stunned."


"That's a very regular reaction, Rob," Russert said.

Crawford is a member of the Thomas A. Yawkey League Hall of fame and a TRUE member of Red Sox nation. he is not a self promoter like the "other guy" REMDAWG! Rob is a self effacing and humble kid with a huge family of Sox fans. he has written and produced a music video and song dedicated to Red Sox Fans around the world.

THE BOSTON BASEBALL HEADS URGE YOU TO VOTE EARLY AND OFTEN FOR ROB CRAWFORD - PRESIDENT OF RED SOX NATION.

Do not forget to watch the debate tonight after Red Sox coverage on NESN!

A MESSAGE FROM THE CANDIDATE:


Dear Family and Friends,

The final voting for president of Red Sox Nation is taking place NOW through Tuesday, October 2 at 5pm at
www.redsoxnation.com/president. Ten votes per email address! And/or ten votes per mobile text! (Text the letter "D" to the following code: 56228).

Thanks to all of you for your incredible support so far, which has carried me to the very end of this process. I'm fully aware that your votes, your emails to your friends, and your comments on my Red Sox blog are the reasons I've survived in the race this long. Now, it's going to take support from ALL of you - and emails to your friends and family - for this "regular fan" to have a chance against celebrity candidates, including the heavily favored incumbent, Jerry Remy.

Thursday, I participated in a debate of the final candidates, which was moderated by Tim Russert and will be aired Saturday, September 29, after the Red Sox game (perhaps 10:30pm) on NESN. Amazingly, at the beginning of the debate, Pulitzer Prize winning author/historian Doris Kearns Goodwin withdrew from the race for president and threw her support behind "Regular Rob Crawford." You can read her blog entry and read why she endorsed me
here.

You can read my blog response to her endorsement
here. And you can read a good article from MLB.com about the debate here. Again, I thank you for your support and ask you to encourage your friends and family to vote as well. You don't need to join MLB.com to vote, you don't need to join Red Sox Nation to vote, you can even be a Yankees fan to vote.Let's make history!

Many thanks, and Go Sox! Eastern Division Champions!-- Rob

No comments: